From the original Striker series to the Garmin Striker Plus series, Garmin’s commitment to aiding the modern angler’s quest is evident. As part of the Striker Plus lineage, the Garmin Striker Vivid 5cv emerged as a fishfinder that combines traditional sonar with advanced ClearVü scanning sonar, offering anglers a tool that excels both in functionality and value.
5cv Review: Getting Under the Surface
- 1 5cv Review: Getting Under the Surface
- 2 Mapping & GPS Capabilities
- 3 Garmin Striker Vivid 5cv Performance Insights
- 4 Customer Reviews & Feedback
- 5 FAQs on Garmin Striker Vivid 5CV Review
- 5.1 Does the Garmin striker Vivid 5cv have maps?
- 5.2 Does Garmin striker Vivid 5cv have side scan?
- 5.3 What is the range of the Garmin striker 5cv?
- 5.4 Does the Garmin striker 5cv show speed?
- 5.5 What is the best Garmin striker vivid?
- 5.6 How do I download maps to my Garmin striker vivid?
- 5.7 Conclusion: Garmin Striker Vivid 5cv – A Worthy Addition to Your Fishing Arsenal
The Garmin Striker Vivid 5cv doesn’t merely ride the wave of its predecessors. It brings forward a GT20-TM transducer that beautifully captures the underwater world, from fish arches to submerged structures. Coupled with CHIRP traditional sonar and ClearVü scanning sonar, the depth of the fish and the clarity of the seabed structure is a testament to its efficacy.
Mapping & GPS Capabilities
Quickdraw Contours mapping software is an integral part of the Striker Vivid 5cv. Although this fish finder doesn’t come pre-loaded with maps, the Quickdraw feature offers up to 2 million storage acres, ensuring your favorite fishing spots are well-marked. On-screen navigation, waypoints, and routes integrate seamlessly with the built-in GPS.
Garmin Striker Vivid 5cv Performance Insights
- Display & Interface: With a 5-inch, easy-to-read display, the Vivid 5cv fish finder ensures anglers can monitor even in challenging environments. The interface, while not touch-responsive, is intuitive. Mark waypoints and navigate through panels effortlessly, even during ice fishing or in dense fog.
- Sonar & Depth Capability: Boasting a sonar depth of 750 feet, the unit for the price offers great target separation, making it easier to distinguish between fish arches and other underwater entities. The CHIRP technology, originally developed for military use, has been commercialized to offer clearer sonar charts and sharper fish symbols.
- Networking & Additional Features: While the Striker 5cv does lack some networking functionalities, the incorporation of Wi-Fi and the ActiveCaptain app offers a modern touch. Sharing Quickdraw maps and accessing charts on ActiveCaptain from your phone elevates the user experience.
Customer Reviews & Feedback
Analyzing customer reviews, it’s evident that the Garmin Striker Vivid 5cv has found favor among both seasoned anglers and novices. The consistent appreciation revolves around its excellent fish finder capability, especially considering its price bracket.
The Garmin Striker Vivid 5cv is not without its limitations—no pre-loaded maps, no touchscreen functionality, and compatibility issues with certain maps. However, for anglers seeking an affordable yet proficient fish finder with CHIRP ClearVü scanning sonar, the Striker 5cv is a compact and excellent choice.
FAQs on Garmin Striker Vivid 5CV Review
Does the Garmin striker Vivid 5cv have maps?
The Garmin Striker Vivid 5cv doesn’t come pre-loaded with detailed lake maps. However, it uses the Quickdraw Contours mapping software which lets you create your own maps. You can store up to 2 million acres of content with Quickdraw maps, marking your favorite fishing spots. For more expansive map details, users often rely on the ActiveCaptain app where you can purchase charts, download them, and use them on your phone or compatible devices.
Does Garmin striker Vivid 5cv have side scan?
The Garmin Striker Vivid 5cv is equipped with ClearVü scanning sonar, but it doesn’t feature side scan technology. The ClearVü provides a nearly photographic image below the boat, allowing for greater target separation and clarity, but for side views, you might want to look into models like the Garmin Echomap series.
What is the range of the Garmin striker 5cv?
The range or sonar depth of the Garmin Striker 5cv, when paired with a compatible transducer like the GT20-TM transducer, is up to 750 feet in freshwater. Do note that the sonar readings and performance may vary based on conditions and the type of transducer included. Some anglers even opt for an upgraded transducer to expand or refine their scanning capabilities.
Does the Garmin striker 5cv show speed?
Yes, the Garmin Striker 5cv has a built-in GPS that not only helps you navigate your boat to the GPS coordinates of your waypoints but also provides your boat’s speed on the display. It’s especially useful to maintain the right speed when trolling, ensuring productive fishing.
What is the best Garmin striker vivid?
The “best” model within the Garmin Striker Vivid series depends on your specific needs. While the 5cv is an excellent mid-range option, offering functionalities like CHIRP technology and flasher mode for ice fishing, there are other models like the 4cv and the 7cv which cater to different preferences. The 7cv, for example, offers a larger display and additional functionalities, making it suitable for those seeking more advanced features. Always consider your primary fishing spots and the depth of the waters you usually fish in when deciding.
How do I download maps to my Garmin striker vivid?
While the Garmin Striker Vivid 5cv doesn’t support pre-loaded maps or downloading traditional map formats, it does use the Quickdraw Contours mapping software. This allows you to create and download maps based on your sonar readings. For more extensive maps or charts, you can utilize the ActiveCaptain app. Here, you can purchase and download maps and even share them with the community. Always remember to use a protective cover for your device when not in use to ensure longevity.
Conclusion: Garmin Striker Vivid 5cv – A Worthy Addition to Your Fishing Arsenal
To sum it up, the Garmin Striker Vivid 5cv makes productive fishing accessible to all. Whether you’re preparing for a calm lake excursion or braving the depths of the ocean, the Garmin Striker Vivid 5cv, with its protective cover, ensures that you find and catch more fish.
Whether you’re upgrading from the original Striker series or just diving into the world of modern fish finders, the Garmin Striker Vivid 5cv review emphasizes its worth as a must-have tool in every angler’s collection.
- Lowrance Transducer Not Reading Depth at High Speed - September 13, 2023
- Black Friday Fish Finder Deals - September 13, 2023